Our Commitment to Privacy
We collect two types of information:
1. Standard Web server traffic pattern information. General traffic, site usage, browser information and length of stay information is collected and stored in log files. This type of information is shared externally only on an aggregated basis.
2. Personal information. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. If you personalize a Website, volunteer, request information, or donate, for example, we may collect the following information: first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, and subject of inquiry.
Personal information may be needed for certain optional online activities:
Merchandise orders: If you choose to order a merchandise, our on-line store hosted by Café Press, will collect standard credit
card information (card number, card type, expiration date) and keep a record of your financial transaction. Credit card numbers are held only until the charge can be processed (usually several minutes), then the number is only available to Customer Service for purposes of problem resolution.
Contributions: If you choose to donate to our organization, we maintain a record of your contribution. Your financial information will be treated as described above in “Merchandise orders.”
Requests: If you submit an online request for information such as brochures, or submit a question through a “contact us”
query, we may have to gather additional information from you to respond to your request. Such information will vary with the
request but often includes name, shipping address, telephone number, and email address.
Public Forums: If you choose to participate in our social media public forums that we make available to our users, please
remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution
when deciding whether or not to disclose your personal information.
We limit the use of information provided to us on our Website to the following:
1. If you do not make a service request, donation, purchase, or otherwise identify yourself, we will have no personally identifiable information about you. We will only use aggregate information derived, in part, from your use of our site to improve our site and our service to you.
2. If you provide personal information, we may enter your name into our constituent database and contact you in order to:
o Complete voluntary surveys seeking feedback for quality and service improvement purposes.
o Supply you with Gideon’s Promise news, programs, events and services.
o Request voluntary time or monetary contributions to Gideon’s Promise.
3. We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us by email. Inquiries may be forwarded to the appropriate Gideon’s Promise department for response and may be entered into our constituent database. If your name is entered into the database, we may contact you (see (2) above).
We respect your privacy and allow you to restrict internal and external sharing of your personal information. We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you and we offer the following options:
1. Do not contact me by telephone.
2. Do not contact me by postal mail.
3. Do not contact me by email.
4. Do not share my contact information with other non-profit organizations.
5. Do not contact me with fundraising requests supporting Gideon’s Promise.
6. Limit your fundraising appeals to semiannual solicitations only.
7. Do not contact me or share my information with anyone.
For more information on how to inform us of any desired restrictions, please contact [email protected]. If you contact us, all reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that you will not receive any of the selected communications from us in the future. If you do not wish to place restrictions at this time, you may do so at a later date should you so desire.
Upon request, we will provide you with the information we maintain about you so that you may request corrections. This information will be sent via postal mail, which we believe is the most secure method of communication. Please contact us by email at [email protected] or in writing at:
101 Marietta St NW #250
Atlanta, GA 30303
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing information or making corrections.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and to honoring your choices for its intended use. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards.
We process your on-line financial transactions securely using Authorize.net. Examples of our security measures include: physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards; use of strong encryption (e.g., SSL) for transmissions of Order Information to and from our credit card processor; and restricted access of personally identifiable information.
Inside Gideon’s Promise data is stored in password-controlled servers. Our staff and volunteers are educated about the importance of safeguarding your information and we are committed to holding them accountable for protecting your confidentiality. However, such precautions do not guarantee that our Website is invulnerable to all security breaks. Gideon’s Promise makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation that the use of our Website is protected from viruses, security threats, or other vulnerabilities and that your information will always be secure.
Whenever Gideon’s Promise permits an external third party to access personally-identifiable information, appropriate procedures are followed to help ensure that the information is used only for authorized purposes and by authorized persons in a manner consistent with the choices Gideon’s Promise constituents have made under this statement, and that the security, integrity and privacy of the information is maintained. While Gideon’s Promise will employ procedures to help ensure that your information is only used for authorized purposes as described above, we cannot make any guarantees with respect to the actions or policies of such third parties.
Links Within Our Web Site
Our privacy policies apply only to your use of the Gideon’s Promise Website. This site contains links to other sites, including sites that have a special relationship with us. We do not disclose personably identifiable information to those operating linked sites and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. Links to other sites do not imply an endorsement of the materials or policies on those Websites. You should read the privacy policies of each site you visit to determine what information that site may be collecting about you.
101 Marietta St NW #250
Atlanta, GA 30303
We reserve the right to update this policy at any time. If a material change is made to the policy, we will email all registered users at the email address provided at time of registration.